Bloodborne Pathogens Training Quiz
This is the quiz for the online BBP Refresher training. You must make a 100% on this quiz to pass BBP training. Upon completion of the quiz you will submit this to Safety via email. Only a valid UTHealth email address will be accepted.
Must be a UT email address
Please select your primary status.
UTHealth Faculity, Staff, Resident, Fellow, Student
1. Should an alcohol sanitizer be used on hands with visible blood stains?
2. Which of the following is NOT a common symptom of a tuberculosis infection?
Coughing up blood
Positive PPD/IGRA test
3. What percentage of UTHSC-H employee-reported injuries in FY 08-09 were related to possible BBP exposure?
4. What are some examples of common bloodborne pathogens?
All of the above
5. What is an acceptable disinfectant solution to use when cleaning up a blood spill?
A.) Any regular liquid soap and water
B.) Any disinfectant as long as it is allowed to soak for at least 15 minutes
C.) 10% Ethanol
D.) A 1:10 diultion of household bleach to water (i.e., one part 5.25% sodium hypochlorite stock and nine parts water) that is less than one month old
E.) All of the above
6. What form should be completed in the event of a contaminated sharps injury to document the incident?
University Complaint Form
Supervisor's First Report of Injury Form
Sharps Injury Report Log
7. Which of the following is not a common route of entry for chemical exposure?
Otic (via ear canal)
8. Chemicals must be disposed of
Always in the trash
Always down the drain
By calling the UTHealth Waste Line at 500-5837
By doing just what your lab mate does
9. Storing equipment and chemical in the hood fume hood decreases the hoods ability to contain hazardous material
10. Waste minimization can be achieved by all of the following except:
Using a less hazardous chemical
Separating hazardous from non-hazardous waste
Purchasing Mercury containing thermometers
Doing small scale experiments
Do Not Fill This Out